Not long before Thanksgiving, it got cold very suddenly and Lille saw it's first wintry weather of the season. We've now had our first snow, which is still on the ground and looking lovely.
Even though this blog is going to be quite short, I did make a point of taking some pictures of our first snow for you and wanted to be sure to share them.
Admittedly, the end of the semester has snuck up on me - next week is the last week of classes before finals - and I'm scurrying to try to get things done. It's too bad that, now that I can actually understand a lot in my lectures, the semester is over. I'm looking forward to the semester being over, regardless.
This is, of course, why I'm lucky to be staying for second semester. Which reminds me...
I've heard from Caen. I have a place to live and dates and details... and a little less stress. Awesome.
Also, Lucinda and I decided to postpone my visit until after the end of the semester to make things simpler. I'm disappointed not to see her this weekend, but I'll get to spend a lot more time with her in a couple of weeks - and won't have school on the brain anymore.
In the meantime, I need to study and try to catch up on e-mail and the seeming thousands of other things I need to do. Also, if you haven't heard back from me, I'm really sorry it's taking so long to get back to you. I do try to dedicate some time to my responses because, well, I like you. It's just that my letter-writing approach to e-mail is somewhat more time consuming.
But I am alive, listening to tons of Christmas music, missing everyone, missing UK, and impatiently awaiting the start of NPR's holiday programming.
No comments:
Post a Comment