Okay, so maybe not so very small. More like taking some big steps toward solidifying my travel plans for December. Today I got a train pass for France, Germany, and Switzerland - and it looks like I'm definitely going to see Lucinda in Germany at the beginning of the month! I also confirmed my reservation at the Foyer International Etudiantes for Christmas and bought my train ticket to Paris.
Last night I made chili franks for Raashnie and Bonnie. It was so comforting to make and eat that dish. Oh, man. I also really appreciated eating tortilla chips. I appreciated it a little too much: there are none left.
I got drinks with Magda after my midterm on Thursday. We drank wine and talked for a long time. It was great - and really relaxing.
Wednesday I went to a concert at the opera house. The performance was about an hour long and simply a soprano, Dorothée Lorthiois, with piano accompaniment. They did music by Richard Strauss, Hans Pfitzner, and Francis Poulenc, so the songs were mostly a mix of German and French but she sang the second encore in English. I'm looking forward to the other two concerts I have tickets for: one at the end of the month, which will be Debussy, and one at the beginning of December, which will be Schubert, Schumann, and Brahms.
Getting back into things this week was... interesting. But it's okay because I had a wonderful fall break last week.
No comments:
Post a Comment