January 6, 2011

Germany

The S Bahn station in Feucht, the Nuremberg suburb where Lucinda lives.

Glühwein is very popular at the Christmas markets... and very delicious.


The train station in Nuremberg

Part of the old city wall

St. Martha's Church

St. Martha's Church (This picture in no way captures how lovely the interior is.)

So pretty in the snow

St. Clara's Church



Church of St. Lorenz





The Hospital of the Holy Spirit (Heilig-Geist-Spital)


Frauenkirche and the main Christmas market in Hauptmarkt

Of course, the only problem with the pretty snow is that it also means it's cold. So I decided to warm up with some hot chocolate and a pretzel.

The Christmas market (in Hauptmarkt)

The Church of St. Sebald

The parsonage (St. Sebald)

Walking up to Kaiserburg

Kaiserberg

Historischer Kunstbunker - where many cultural artifacts were hidden during World War II.



Albrecht Dürer's house from 1509-1528.

Weinstadel

Schneeballen: one of the first things I saw upon arriving in Germany. I got one for the train ride home. It was delicious.

The train station in Stuttgart



No comments:

Post a Comment