May 22, 2011

Bayeux and Ouistreham

Unfortunately (or fortunately, if you don't like my writing), I'm writing these posts at more or less the same time so my feelings are pretty much the same. Maybe it's a good thing - they're like a matching set. And I guess I have the excuse that it's been a week or two since these trips, so they're not exactly fresh. 

Anyways... These are pictures from last Friday and Saturday. I spent Friday afternoon in Bayeux with Meirina. We saw the famous tapestry depicting the Norman invasion of England and the cathedral and just had a nice day all around. On Saturday, Tiffany and I hiked to Ouistreham, a town on the coast. There are great paths for cyclists and pedestrians that follow the waterway from Caen to Ouistreham. It was a long walk, but totally worth it (even if the weather wasn't ideal for the beach).





The cathedral in Bayeux




Norman carving






Le Musée de la Tapisserie


Place Charles de Gaulle




The port in Caen

On the way to Ouistreham (I feel like I've taken a lot of pictures of ducks this year...)


La belle Normandie

Ouistreham





No comments:

Post a Comment