This is not a picture of Honfleur. Weird, right? Yeah.
Let me tell you a story...
I decided to have one last adventure before heading back to the U.S. I had some trouble getting myself out the door, but I got on the bus to Honfleur yesterday morning and things started looking up. The weather was great and I got to see so much more of the countryside because I didn't take the express bus. I was really enjoying myself - looking out the window and having a little time for reflection. But, alas, that came to an abrupt end when the bus stopped in Deauville... and didn't start again.
Yes, the break in the bus schedule online was not just a page break. At the time, this was way more upsetting than it should have been - I had only missed the bus I was supposed to change to and there was another in 45 minutes - but I felt dumb, to say the least. Since I had enough time to get a cup of coffee, regroup, and get back to the station well before the next bus, that's what I opted to do. I guess now I can say I've been to Deauville?
 |
| Fail. |
I did eventually make it to Honfleur and it was a good day out. I'm definitely glad I went, but I'm also thankful I had the good sense not to plan anything closer to when I head back to the U.S. next week. I'm trying to be super organized when it comes to packing and cleaning so I don't have to do it all at once and freak myself out/binge on chocolate/skip physical activity/turn my life inside out more than it will already be. Luckily, I'm partial to wearing clothes, otherwise the urge to throw everything but my passport and the book I'm reading in the trash would be overwhelming.
No comments:
Post a Comment